BSB50120-Diploma of Business
Why study this Diploma of Business?
- Nationally recognised qualification upon completion.
- Complete the your online course in 12-months with our trainer’s support.
- The course has been designed in consultation with the industry expert.
- This course has been developed to give you the practical skills and knowledge required to prepare you job-ready when you graduate.
What will you learn from BSB50120 Online Course?
- You will learn the core skills and knowledge to help you take leadership of a business organization.
- You will learn how to excel in today’s competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Entry Requirements Online Diploma of Business
There are no specified entry requirements for this qualification specified within the Business Services Training Package. Noting this, AIMS Institute of Training and Technology requires persons who undertake this course to:
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Hold a Year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Have completed at least Cert IV level qualification from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions).
- Have access to a computer with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint installed; and PDF reader capabilities
- Have access to an internet connection
- Have access to a smartphone, video camera or web camera
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills to read and comprehend learning materials.
LLN (English Language, Literacy & Numeracy) or CSI (Core Skill Indicator) requirements:
- The Australian Core Skills Framework is a tool used to assist both specialist and non-specialist English language, literacy and numeracy which describe an individual’s performance in the five core skills – learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy.
- Upon assessment of your core skills during the enrolment process, you may have to undertake Core Skills Indicator Assessment.
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
- A USI is a Unique Student Identifier that provides students with an online record of their nationally recognised training activity and outcomes in Australia. If you’re undertaking any nationally recognised training, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
- Without a USI, a student will not be issued with their AQF certificate or qualification or statement of attainment. If you do not have one, you can create one here
BSB50120 Course Duration (Planned duration of training)
- BSB50120 course is designed to be completed within 12 months. An extension may be granted up to 24 months from the date of commencement.
- The total planned duration of training: 1320 hours
(i) Trainer-led online course delivery (8 hours per week) = 320 hours
(ii) Structured online delivery (12 hours per week) = 480 hours (Student’s Self-paced Learning)
(iii) Trainer-led assessment session = 120 hours
(iv) Responding to assessment tasks (10 hours per week) = 400 hours
Mode of Learning / Course Delivery
- Trainers-Led: online course delivery (one unit per month).
Note: Students should spend 22 hours (approx.) per week reading the course materials and completing the required learning and assessment activities.
- Self-Paced: Complete your course on your own time with the assistance of trainers. Our online Video files are available to complete the course.
- Written Knowledge Assessments: Short-answer questions
- Workplace Project Assessment
- Case Studies Assessment
- Workplace Practical Observation
- A combination of written knowledge tests, realistic workplace tasks, project work, and response to case studies.
Potential career opportunities
- Entrepreneur: Where you can create and build your own brand, turning your vision into a reality.
- Executive Officer: Work to grow and maintain operations of a business.
- Office Manager: Manage and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a business.
Units of Competencies
The total number of units – 12
- Core units – 5
- Elective units – 7
|BSB50120 DIPLOMA OF BUSINESS|
|Unit Code||Units||Core / Elective|
|BSBOPS501||Manage business resources||Core|
|BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans||Core|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others||Core|
|BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace||Core|
|BSBSUS511||Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability||Core|
|BSBOPS601||Develop and implement business plans||Elective|
|BSBFIN601||Manage organizational finances||Elective|
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work||Elective|
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans||Elective|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness||Elective|
|BSBSTR601||Manage innovation and continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBLDR601||Lead and manage organisational change||Elective|
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) / Credit Transfer
- RPL: It is the assessment process that assesses the competency(ies) of an individual that may have been acquired through formal and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual meets the requirements specified in the training package or VET accredited courses.
- Credit Transfer: It is the recognition of learning achieved through formal education and training. It allows for the unit(s) of competency previously achieved by the student to be recognised when they are enrolling.
- Self-Paced: Any time in the year
- Trainers-Led: Beginning of each month (depending on student’s eligibility and class availability)
- Self-Paced: $1600.00
- Trainers-Led: $3200.00
It is our policy to collect no more than $1,500 prior to the commencement of the course, with the balance (if applicable) invoiced prior to the commencement of the second semester of the training program. For detailed fee information see our Fees and Refund Policy.
BSB50120-Diploma of Business : Course Brochure (Detailed course information can be found here)